The Dept. of Information Technology Engineering at MIET started with a vision to produce industry ready IT engineers to fulfill the unmet need of IT industry in India. Manned by highly qualified, committed and dynamic faculty and staff, the department has emerged as the leading departments in the region in terms of placements, university results, alumni, industrial linkages, quality of project work, research and development, extra/co-curricular activities and novel academic initiatives.
Scope of Employment
- Software Developers in high-end services or product development IT companies.
- As Quality Assurance Engineers undertaking the quality evaluation of software and products.
- As consultants and solution providers.
- As specialists and data-analysts
- As system administrators/network engineers/IT-Support professionals
MIET has excellent infrastructure including domain-specific laboratories. Industry Leaders such as IBM (IBM Software Center of Excellence), EMC (EMC Center of Excellence) and Cisco (Cisco Networking Academy) have established their labs within the IT department equipped with the latest hardware and software. MIET IT students complete on an average 2-3 industry-relevant certifications as value-added programmes giving them a distinct edge over other students when it comes to placements.
- Tie-ups with IBM, EMC, Cisco and Microsoft
- 2 patents filed
- 25 research papers published with over 80 citations received.
- Department publishes International Journal of Next-Generation Computing (IJNGC) jointly with UMKC, USA. Journal indexed by Thomson-Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)
- Over Rs. 75 lakhs of competitive grants received.
- Center for Software Development with 2 IT products incubated, 3 mobile applications developed.
- World-class Alumni Profile in top international companies and top universities
- Modern teaching pedagogies such as Google for Education in use.
- Offers 2-3 industry-certifications from IBM, EMC and Cisco to students as value-added programmes.
- Training and certification on C, C++ and Java through IIT-Bombay Super Resource Center (only one in J&K)
- Student branches of IEEE, CSI, ISTE with rich spectrum of technical activities.
- Exposure to seminars by world-leading technologists, MooCs and hands-on trainings
- High-quality faculty profile with industry experience in companies like HP, IBM.