The Placement cell at MIET has been operational for the last twelve years to facilitate the placements and summer internship of the pre-final/final year students. The Cell has been successful in achieving good success rate in generating employability for the students in the region.
Best Practices @MIET's Placement Cell
- Skill Development Matrix in place for students
- Industry-readiness through focused programmes
- Only EMC Academy in J&K offering courses on Storage and Cloud. All students of CS/IT and MCA covered
- Only Cisco Networking Academy training students on Core Networking Technologies.
- Only IBM Center of Excellence in J&K offering intensive training and hands-on projects on Mobility and Cloud. All CS/IT/MCA students covered
- Detailed performance profile of students with in-depth analytics on performance and skills
- Verified and Authenticated Resumes of each student (first in country)
- Strong Alumni Connect with Alumni Mentors for current students
Engineering Placements at MIET – A Glance
Campus Placements for the session 2019-20 saw some big names such as Jaro Education, Tata Consulting Services, Capgemini, Cognizant Technologies, Wipro Technologies, BYJUs, Altran, Tech Mahindra and some leading ed-tech startups including Lido Learning, Planet Spark hiring students. A record number of 150 engineering students were selected during the campus placements. In total there was a jump of 30% in the number of total companies hiring engineering students as compared to the previous year.
Out of 150 offer letters released around 35 students were offered pay-packages of more than 10 LPA. It is notable that it has the highest package of Rs. 12.02 LPA was also offered to one of the students.
Highest Salary Package : 12.02 LPA
Total Companies Visited : 18
Number of Students Hired : 150