The Placement cell at MIET has been operational for the last thirteen years to facilitate the placements and summer internship of the pre-final/final year students. The Cell has been successful in achieving good success rate in generating employability for the students in the region.
Best Practices @MIET's Placement Cell
- Skill Development Matrix in Place for students
- Industry-readiness through focused programmes
- Only EMC Academy in J&K offering courses on Storage and Cloud. All students of CS/IT and MCA covered
- Only Cisco Networking Academy training students on Core Networking Technologies.
- Only IBM Centre of Excellence in J&K offering intensive training and hands-on projects on Mobility and Cloud. All CS/IT/MCA students covered
- Huawei ICT Academy - Artificial Intelligence (HCIA-AI. MOU with Huawei to train and upskill students in Mobile Application Development using Huawei Mobile Services.
- Association with IBM for offering Hons./Minor Degree in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, IoT and Data Science.
- Collaboration with IIT JMU to offer Hons. Degree program in Civil Engineering in Transportation Engineering and Water Resources and Hydraulics Engineering .
- Detailed performance profile of students with in-depth analytics on performance and skills
- Verified and Authenticated Resumes of each student (first in country)
- Strong Alumni Connect with Alumni Mentors for current students
Engineering Placements at MIET – A Glance
Campus Placements for the session 2020-21 saw some big names such as Infineon Technologies, Accenture, Wiley-mthree, Tata Consulting Services, Xenonstack, Infosys, Newgen Software, Mindtree, Capgemini, Cognizant Technologies, Wipro Technologies, IndiGrid, Aon Solutions, BYJUs, some leading ed-tech startups includingPlanetspark, Swiflearn, Lido Learning, Extramarks hiring students. A record number of 150 engineering students were selected during the campus placements. In total there was a jump of 40% in the number of total companies hiring engineering students as compared to the previous year.
- Highest Salary Package: 13.34 LPA
- and Median Salary: 3.8 LPA
- Total placement opportunities generated: 100
- Number of Students Hired: 150+
B.E Placements 2021