The Lateral Entry program enables candidates with a 3 years Diploma in Engineering or an equivalent degree to get admitted directly to 2nd Year (3rd semester) of B.E programme at MIET. The entire admission process is carried out by Government College of Engineering and Technology (GCET) which is the nodal institution for implementing Lateral Entry scheme in Jammu region. The seats available under lateral entry scheme at MIET are given below:
- B.E Electronics and Communication-12 seats
- B.E Electrical Engineering-6 seats
- B.E Computer Science Engineering-12 seats
- B.E Information Technology Engineering - 6 seats
- B.E Civil Engineering - 6 seats
The seat allocation is done on the basis of the counselling process conducted by GCET, following the drawing up of a merit list based on an entrance test.
For more details, including eligibility criteria and admission process click here