The Business Incubator (BI) at MIET, Jammu is intended to serve as a laboratory to launch new start-ups in emerging domains with a distinctive local context i.e. J&K Focus. MIET is a premier technical institution in J&K attracting the best engineering talent which is committed to start companies generating revenue and creating local employment opportunities. Creating a vibrant start-up ecosystem in J&K will play a key role in ushering in progress in the region which has had a turbulent past. The setting up of the BI at MIET is well-aligned with MIET’s objectives of providing thought and technical leadership besides creating significant value for all stakeholders.
Objectives of the Business Incubator
Thrust AreasInformation Technology, Technical Training's and Workshops, Electronic Applications, Mobile Applications.Innovative Ideas related to domains of Engineering and Allied Industries, Bio- Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Information Technology and Nano-Technology. However, any other Products or Processes which are Innovative in nature, not limiting to the domains mentioned above, can also apply for funding.
Activities EnvisagedTraining's and Workshops, Entrepreneurship Boot camp, Business Plan Preparation, Market Survey, Operational Plan Formulation, Review and Monitoring, IT tools training, Reporting and Compliance.
About the Scheme
The scheme aims at nurturing innovative business ideas (new and/or ingenious technology, processes, products, etc.) which could be commercialized in a year. Level of Funding: About Rs - 4 Lakh to 8 Lakh per Innovative Business Idea. Click here for all the details regarding the scheme.
Who Can Apply?Anybody (Individual/Micro and Small Enterprises) having innovative business idea can apply. 10 Ideas whose expectations meet the Objectives/Guidelines of the Scheme, will be shortlisted for approval by the Management Committee at the MSME-TBI at MIET. The Incubate Application format can be obtained from the website of the institution: www.mietjammu.in or from website of DC-MSME. Incompletely filled Incubate Applications will be rejected.
How to Apply?
Innovators/Researchers/Entrepreneurs with concise abstracts about their Business Ideas and Business Plans on commercialization may send their proposal on email@example.com with subject title “Proposal for TBI” or may approach, CRIE, MIET. An Innovators camp was conducted in the first week of November, 2016 at MIET where the aspirant Innovators will have to present their Innovative Ideas to the local screening committee of MSME-TBI, MIET. Click here for the application format.
1. Prof. Ankur Gupta - Director, MIET - Executive Head
2. Prof. S.K. Sharma - Director Academics, MIET - Academic Member
3. Prof. P.N. Sharma - Head of Department, Department of Mangaement Studies, MIET - Academic Member
4. Mr. Varinder Gupta - Director, MSME J&K - Memeber of Government Agency
5. Mr. Rajive Gupta, Manager, HDFC, Jammu - Financial Institution Member
6. Mr. Vikram Garg, Chartered Accountant, Jammu - Financial Expert
7. Mr. Vikram Goel, Business Leader, Tech Mahindra, Hyderabad - Industry Member
8. Mr. Gaurav Singh, Core Team Member, Sylvant Advisors, Bengaluru - Industry Member
9. Mr. Kunal Gupta, CEO, TinkerLabs, Mumbai - Industry Member
10. Mr. Sahil Sawhney, Manager Strategic Initiatives, MIET- Member Secretary
11. Mr. Saheel Yaqoob Alaqband-Assistant Director, MSME J&K - Member of Government of Agency
12. Mr Chaitanya Sharma, Director, J&K Wire and Steel Industries, Industry Member