The program has been designed to offer the eligible candidates a comprehensive course which delves into the nuances of the Indian as well as the other economics around the world. The course is not limited to the Indian economy and covers international economies as well, providing it a global scope when it comes to career opportunities.
B.A. honours in Economics studies the definitions, scope, limitations, markets, consumers, producers, and distribution of goods and services within an economy. Along with macro, the micro aspects of an economy are also taken into consideration. It teaches them to not only learn in detail but to also scrutinize and analyse the different aspects based on which an economy runs.
The students develop analytical and problem-solving skills. As a result, it prepares them for different commerce and banking-related jobs. They may also become entrepreneurs running their business with the knowledge of production, consumption, and distribution in the economy.
Learning Outcome-based Curriculum Framework in B.A. (Hons.) Economics
The B. A. (Hons) Economics programme provides a firm basis for much of the advanced thinking in the Economics discipline. It provides the student with a logical paradigm for modelling and interpreting the behaviour and interactions of households, firms, and government institutions. The programme is consistent with global standards in the Economics discipline. It offers training that is comparable to that of an undergraduate student at the world’s best universities. The curriculum allows students to choose elective courses from a set of courses with contemporary relevance, thereby offering students the flexibility to prepare for careers in academia, law, management, journalism, government, and many other fields.
Silent features of BA Economics Hons. Program at MIET
The B.A. (Hons.) Economics aims to:
- Train student in basic economic theory
- Equip students with the mathematical and statistical techniques necessary for a proper understanding of the discipline
- Discuss real world economic issues and problems facing the country and the world
- Enable students to understand proper policy responses to economic problems
- Train students to collect primary data and learn sampling techniques
- Train students to use statistical and econometric methods to arrive at conclusions about the validity of economic theories
- Train students to learn the art of economic modelling.
Programme Learning Outcomes for B.A. Economics Hons. Program at MIET
- Get an understanding of basic economic theory
- Learn the mathematical and statistical techniques necessary for a proper understanding of the discipline
- Get an introduction to real world economic issues and problems facing the country and the world
- Gain an understanding of proper policy responses to economic problems
- Get trained to collect primary data and learn sampling techniques
- Learn to use scientific empirical methods to arrive at conclusions about the validity of economic theories
- Get trained in the art of economic modelling
B.A. Honours in Economics: Career Prospects
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below
- Financial Risk Analyst.
- Economic Researcher.
- Investment Analyst.
- Agricultural Economist.
- Business Economist.
- Cost Accountant.
- Professional Economist.
- Equity Analyst.
- Sales Analyst,
- Customer Profit Analyst,
- Investment Administrator,
- Career in the prestigious Reserve Bank of India,
- Planning Board,
- Ministry of Economic Affairs,
- The Indian Economic Service.
- National Sample Survey
Graduate Attributes for graduates of B.A. Economics Hons. Program at MIET
Upon completion of this programme, a student will have the necessary skills to understand and analyse in a logical manner all major economic phenomena. A student will be able to analyse government policies and regulations and demonstrate their significance. Knowing how an economy functions, and how decisions are made by consumers, producers, and regulators, the student will have the necessary skills to identify, analyse, and solve problems in a logical and efficient way. The programme provides the basic ingredients of economic theory and the opportunity to learn how to process and analyse economic data based on sound statistical principles, to arrive at economically meaningful conclusions.
Plz visit the link given below for the detailed Admission Procedure
Scope For Higher Education
One can also opt to pursue further studies in the field, to further hone their knowledge of the subject. Listed below are some of the higher education options available for students:
- Journalism Courses
Duration of the Course
The course is divided into six semesters over a three-year period.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of Instruction and Examination shall be in English.
A student shall be considered to have satisfied the requirement of attendance for the semester, if he/she has a minimum of 75% attendance in each of the subjects, failing which the student will not be allowed to take up the End Semester Examination.
The students are expected to conform to the dress code specified by the college management. B.A. Economics Hons. students are required to dress up formally and must be in their formal uniform for all formal occasions and whenever they represent the college.
Students will carry their Identity Cards at all times.