There shall be a provision to admit students in the 3rd semester through Lateral Entry Scheme as per AICTE guidelines. The candidates applying for admission under this scheme must have:
- Passed Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) or as specified by the competent regulatory body from time to time in any branch of Engineering/Technology or
- Passed B.Sc. Degree from recognized University as defined by UGC, with at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) or as specified by the competent regulatory body from time to time and passed 10+2 standard with mathematics as a subject provided that the students belonging to B.Sc. Stream shall be considered only after exhausting the list of students belonging to the Diploma stream.
The candidates desirous of seeking admission at MIET under lateral entry shall be required to fill the admission application form available on the website of the college www.mietjmu.in.under the admission page https://www.mycamu.co.in/#/mietapln
All the selected candidates shall submit the following self-attested documents at the time of admission to the B.E. Programme:
- Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate
- Marks certificate of each part/semester of the qualifying examination (10+2 or graduation or diploma)
- Provisional Certificate/Degree issued by the School/University/Institution last attended (in original)
- The certificate of Domicile as per the Jammu and Kashmir Grant of Domicile Certificate (Procedure) Rules, 2020 UT issued by the Competent Authority.
- Affidavits duly attested by a First-Class Magistrate or a Notary as prescribed by the statutory bodies and college authorities from time to time
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- Anti-Ragging undertakings by all admitted candidates and their parents/ guardians shall have to be furnished.